Fish Bowl Technology: Making Governments More Transparent
- Transparency International launched Hackers Against Corruption earlier this month in an attempt to improve transparency software and websites around the world.
- The Technology for Transparency Network features a number of case studies and tools for improving government response.
- Here in the US, GovTrack.us allows you to easily follow the progress of bills by topic or Congress person, as well as watch live video of deliberations.
- Transparency does not always happen in high tech environments; Madgascar used the radio with a call-in format to discuss corruption
- The need for good governance is not restricted to governments, as this list of transparency measures among defense contractors demonstrates
- Omydiar and Department for International Development are cohosting the Open Up! event on November 13 to discuss the "fast-growing field of transparency and open government."
- In order to increase reporting on the e-Government movement in Ghana, a group of media specialists and journalists have created the Network of Communication Reporters.
Democratic activists and human rights organizers aren't computer geeks — and now they don't have to be.
Open Source - Download it. Use it. Fork it. Improve it. Share it. Do what you want - it's yours.
Pull the Packages - Download these tools and install them like any other LInux web app
Software at Your Service - With our DemCloud SaaS hosting, NDI partners can have a basic system at the click of a button.