Don't Forget to Vote Tomorrow!
As you probably already know, tomorrow is the last day to vote in the Presidential elections in the US. As a organization that encourages citizens around the world, we would be amiss not to encourage you to go out and vote! As you've probably been overwhelmed with election stories, for today's Monday Round Up, we feature a mix of exciting news from around the world:
- GSMA is holding a competition for the best mobile application in 8 categories, including Government Leadership, Social and Economic Development, and App of the Year.
- Laos is slated to get its first 4G LTE network next month, using Huawei infrastructure.
- The World Bank, a major advocate for open data and transparency, has compiled information on what information users access the most.
- For a fun visualization, check out this live map of tweets all over the world.
- TechChange featured a list of 6 tools any social entrepreneur can use to start up their business
- The Brookings Institute has a multimedia filled assessment of the State Department's use of "eDiplomacy".
- If you want a great example of quality government crisis response, check out the Twitter feed of Cory Booker.
- Looking for more politicians with good Twitter feeds? The Guardian provides a list of top ten African politicians Tweeters.
- In what may be an exciting combination for SMS storage, MySMS and Evernote are collaborating on a messaging archiving service.
- Check out this year's PopTech Social Innovation Fellows to hear great ideas using technology for good.
Democratic activists and human rights organizers aren't computer geeks — and now they don't have to be.
Open Source - Download it. Use it. Fork it. Improve it. Share it. Do what you want - it's yours.
Pull the Packages - Download these tools and install them like any other LInux web app
Software at Your Service - With our DemCloud SaaS hosting, NDI partners can have a basic system at the click of a button.