Better Use of Tech for 2013
New Year, new beginnings. The beginning of 2013 is a great time to try new ideas and improve upon existing projects. In this week's Monday Round-Up, we've collected a set of guides and resources that can help meet your resolutions to build your tech expertise:
- Global Voices Advocacy has listed their New Year's Resolutions to Browse the Internet Safely in 2013.
- Internews' Speaksafe guide provides great tips to protect your PC and mobile phone.
- EFF's Surveillance Self-Defense Guide and Andrew Lewman from the Tor Project's blog on how he travels internationally provide great advice on how to secure your data across borders.
- Tactical Tech's Visualizing Information for Advocacy and Drawing By Numbers resources are especially useful for those looking to visualize their data analysis.
- Tech Tools for Activism's newest handbook shows you how to stay safe in your online communications.
- Social Media Exchange's Guide to Creating Facebook Pages with More Impact is especially useful to get more out of your Facebook-based campaign.
Any other helpful resources that you've found? Drop us a line via @NDITech or email@example.com
Democratic activists and human rights organizers aren't computer geeks — and now they don't have to be.
Open Source - Download it. Use it. Fork it. Improve it. Share it. Do what you want - it's yours.
Pull the Packages - Download these tools and install them like any other LInux web app
Software at Your Service - With our DemCloud SaaS hosting, NDI partners can have a basic system at the click of a button.